Soul Mates and All That BS





"You Don't Need a Man, You Need a Champion"

This is from a line in the movie "Eat, Pray, Love." This is where Javier Bardem's Character, a very hot, sexy guy, tells Julia Roberts' character, that she doesn't "Need a man" but she "needs a champion."

I wanted to wrap Javier up and take him home with me that instant, and eat him with a spoon. Really.

Honestly, isn't that the most romantic thing, EVER?

I can tell you, no one has EVER said stuff like that to me.

Why is that, do you suppose?

Do you suppose "Soul Mates" exist? I guess they do; I've just never found mine.

What's nice to know is that there are people out there who have actually experienced this, because this movie is based on a TRUE STORY.

The nicest thing anyone has said to me in person? "You are 48? Wow, you wear it well!"

On a dating site, a man said to me, "You are the most beautiful and incredible woman on here." Then he disappeared. POOF! Figments of my imagination that come and go...very quickly.

Maybe I'll never get the Javier type. (Booooo Hooooo). Hell, maybe I'll never get a "type" at all. I'm an in-your-face-honest ball of wax (AKA "HOT MESS) without any help.

I'd better just keep on keeping on. They say there is someone out there for everyone. Do you supposed there is anyone willing to date a forty-eight-year-old blind-as-a bat klutz with two kids under ten? Probably, but they are most likely not playing with a full deck.

I know I'm not.

Yea, Happy Freakin' Valentines Day, LOL!

Calgon, take me away!!!!!!



Comments

Jennifer said…
I LOVE that movie! One day, god willing, I will do what she did. (I heard the book was better, did you read it?) I do not know what I think about soulmates. I am not even sure I like that word....but as always, you crack me up!!!
Unknown said…
Folks say "there's someone for everyone"... That may be true, but I have a feeling mine stuck in a monastery in Tibet.
Maureen said…
Jeannie, I am still peeing my pants over that comment! LMAO!!!!
Lisa Brewer said…
You make me laugh lady!!! It has been a while since I dated, but I found my soulmate....just turned out I was looking at the wrong people!

Popular Posts